Dudley & Kiniya

Dudley & Kiniya

The School House is 200 Years Old!

Brendan • 1 year ago • Blogs

The following article can be read in the most recent Spring Camp Dudley News

Built in 1816 on Camp Dudley Road with limestone from a nearby quarry, the School House  served schoolchildren of Westport for 100 years, closing its doors in 1916.  At its prime, the school had 24 students and a library of 84 books. The School House has a commanding view of the Lake, the Champlain Bridge and the Adirondack Mountains. It has been a special place for generations of Dudleyites.

 

NY Education Web Design