The Camp Dudley at Kiniya experience is about creativity, healthy competition, sportsmanship, teamwork and positive attitudes. These values are infused into all of our activities and events. We also encourage each girl to develop leadership skills and contribute to the Camp community and events. Through our Vespers program, girls learn about leadership by listening and contributing to moral discussions. In the cabin, girls work together with their cabin mates on group goals. Our graduated outdoors program, team sports, and arts programs allow for multiple opportunities for girls to develop skills and self-confidence.
From ages 15-17, girls can apply to be a part of the Leadership Development program where they will learn leadership skills, live among and help supervise campers in the cabins.
We call our cabin counselors “Leaders” because they are carefully chosen as strong role models, and are trained to create an atmosphere of respect and fun within the cabins (to see a list of colleges and universities that our leaders and staff attend, click here). Our Leaders are trained to guide, encourage, supervise and instruct as a natural and continuous part of the daily routine. And while we occasionally introduce a qualified and dynamic new individual to the mix, the majority of our employees have all been to Camp Dudley at Kiniya before as campers or as a member of the Leadership Program.
For information on a leadership position, please click on the name of that position listed below.
NEW THIS YEAR: Click here for all applications (JL, AL, LEADER and STAFF.) If you have written of interest already, you will receive a link to a custom application specific to you. (NOTE – WE MUST HAVE A LETTER OF INTEREST OR COVER LETTER ON FILE TO ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION.) If you’d like to download a pdf of the application, please click here.
- Going on the NOLS trip - application deadline is January 15, 2014, and notification begins in mid-February.
- Going on the German Exchange trip - application deadline is January 15, 2014, and notification begins in mid-February.
- Becoming a Kiniya Aide – Application is January 15, 2014 and notification begins in mid-February.
- Becoming a Kiniya Junior Leader – Application deadline is January 1, 2014 and notification begins in the end of January.
- Becoming a Kiniya Assistant Leader – Application deadline is January 1, 2014 and notification begins in mid-February.
- Becoming a Kiniya Leader – Application deadline is January 1, 2014 and notification begins early February.
- Information for Staff Members at Kiniya – Application deadline is March 1, 2014 and notification begins mid-March.